SHORT+SWEET ILLAWARRA FILM FESTIVAL
Making the world a more creative place, ten minutes at a time.
Short+Sweet Film Festival returns, showcasing Illawarra, Australian, and International FilmMakers.
In keeping with the Short+Sweet tradition, all films must be 10 minutes or less and can be shot and edited on any device.
You must have permission to use any images, storylines, music, etc. in your film.
Please ensure films that are not in English have English subtitles.
There are no more limits other than your imagination.
The Illawarra, located on the South Coast of NSW Australia, boasts an impressive theatre community with over a dozen active theatre companies and a large talent pool of actors, writers and directors. Short+Sweet Illawarra is proud to extend its festival to filmmakers in the region, providing a platform for their work to be seen alongside our Australian and international submissions.
The Short+Sweet Film Festival is unique for three distinct reasons:
1) For just one entry you are in consideration for our 10 international festivals, opening up your chances to have your screen filmed around the world
2) We have a very strong international network and this network is constantly expanding.
3) We are unique in that we have a very strong connection to theatre. We do not believe the gap between theatre and film should be so wide and we aim to bridge this gap. With our Best Adaptation Award and our close partnership with our sister theatre festival, we encourage theatre and film practitioners to be one and the same.
4) We screen all sorts of films and all sorts of genres and support all sorts of filmmakers from seasoned pros to emerging artists.
The best films from three heat rounds will be showcased in our Film Festival Gala Finals, and have the opportunity to be screened at our film festivals worldwide.
Our best film "Road to Vagator" (2019) went on to feature in the finals of the Short+Sweet Hollywood Film Festival, which was recognised with Illawarra resident Nick Bolton winning Best Actor.
If you have already submitted your film to one of our Short+Sweet Film Festivals, please make contact with Festival Director Luke Berman before submitting your film. firstname.lastname@example.org
This festival hasn't posted any news articles yet.
This festival doesn't have any active submission
HOW THE FESTIVAL WORKS
If you have a great story and it fits within our 10-minute limit, then get filming and enter our Short+Sweet Film Festival!
- Films submitted are to be produced within 3 years of production.
- No restrictions on the device(s) used to record or create video and audio.
- No restriction on Software used to create, edit or enhance video and audio.
- Film in any language are welcome, but must be subtitled in English.
- The festival is open to filmmakers of ALL ages and levels of experience.
Short Films submitted by Illawarra residents and filmmakers are free of charge to enter.*
US $13 | Australian Submissions
US$20 | International submissions
* Illawarra local entries are only submitted direct to Illawarra and will not be submitted to our international festival. Illawarra filmmakers who which to submit their film to Illawarra and our international festival should submit via the Australian filmmakers submission page (US$13 fee).
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By entering your film to Short+Sweet Film Festival Illawarra, you are agreeing to the following:
1. The running time of my film is 10 minutes or less (inclusive of credits). Films longer than 10 minutes will not be considered, and entry fee will be forfeited.
2. I am the creator of the Film and I give permission for the film to be presented at any Short+Sweet festival or event for which it is eligible. If I am not the (sole) creator of the film, I warrant that I have obtained all necessary permissions of writers, originators or contributors.
3. Should my film be selected for a S+S Festival or event, I understand I will receive no royalties or other payment for any screenings, live or virtual, but may be eligible for awards and professional development opportunities.
4. I understand that my film will be assessed by a selection committee and that no communication will be entered into by S+S regarding this process. The selection decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. I give S+S the right to screen/record/photograph my film for archival, marketing and publicity purposes (including in unpaid public forums such as YouTube, Vimeo or similar).
6. A film which has been publicly screened in the host city of any S+S Festival is still eligible for entry and consideration in any of our S+S Festivals and Cities.
7. All plays which have been adapted into films must have the permission of the playwright.
8. I understand copyright material cannot be used unless I have documentation to prove legal authorisation from the musician, artist, writer or record label.
9. I may also be required to provide Actor Release Forms to be signed by the people appearing in the film.
10. I understand that films in any language are eligible, but must be subtitled in English.
11. The festival is open to filmmakers of all ages and levels of experience.
12. All content submitted must be in accordance with the law and any perceived illegal activity will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
13. I understand that if my film is selected as a finalist, I will be required to provide Short+Sweet with the highest quality of recording of the film so that it can be screened.
14. No restrictions on the device(s) used to record or create video and audio.
15. No restrictions on software used to create, edit or enhance video and audio.
16. The festival is open to filmmakers of all ages and levels of experience.
17. Entry to Short+Sweet Film Illawarra is free for local artists. The cost of entry to the international festival is US$20 for international submissions and US$13 for Australian submissions outside the Illawarra/South Coast.
The personal information provided by you will only be used by us for Short+Sweet Festivals, competitions and related activities, and to communicate with you about those activities. You can opt out of these at any time by responding to any emails received with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line or the body of an email.