AUDITIONS: SHORT+SWEET ILLAWARRA 2018
We are looking for actors to register to audition for the newest member of World's Largest Short Play Festival: Short+Sweet Illawarra. It doesn't matter how old you are, what your cultural background is, or your shape or size - with over 20 plays being performed, odds are there will be a role for you!
Auditions will take place Saturday 4th August and Sunday 5th August at the Bridge St Theatre Coniston (Phoenix Theatre). To audition please complete the registration form below.
Short form theatre is a wonderful way for established actors to perform in a fast-and-furious theatre form, without the heavy time burden of a drawn-out rehearsal process. It is also the perfect way for new and emerging actors to tread the boards and gain further experience as a performer. No matter your experience or training, Short+Sweet Illawarra will allow for a wonderful opportunity to network with dozens of local theatre-makers from all over the region.
HOW DO AUDITIONS WORK?
- Register using the form below to be allocated an audition slot.
- You will receive a confirmation that your audition registration has been received.
- Find yourself a 2-minute monologue that best shows your range and ability, learn it and rehearse it! (avoid using accents in your audition, we want to hear your natural voice!)
- You will be given an audition slot on one of our audition days. Your slot is based on age/gender groupings
- You perform your monologue to any of our directors who are looking for an actor in your age/gender range. You will also be asked general questions about your skills and background.
- Directors may then contact you to offer you a role, or a callback audition
- From there, your director will run the rehearsal process and get you ready for performance!
Before registering as an Actor, please confirm that you will be available during key festival dates. If you are only available for one of the performance week's, please be sure to advise any directors of this if you are approached for a role.
Week 1 - 2nd to 7th October 2018
Week 2 - 16th to 21st October 2018
Dates listed above include Tech and Dress rehearsals. Normal rehearsals are to be advised/negotiated with directors.
FAQ: I don't have a CV, how can I submit the registration form?
We use CV's so that after watching a series of auditions, directors can have access to your theatre experience to help them decide whether to make contact with you. If you don't have a CV, this might be a great time to make one! To get you started, simply email Festival Director Luke Berman for a standard acting CV template. This is a good idea even if you have no experience, it doesn't matter if it looks a little blank, you can still put helpful information on it including your skills, personal descriptions and interests. If you do not want to attach a CV, simply attach a document with a brief bio written in it, outlining your experience, training and what you're looking for in Short+Sweet Illawarra.
FAQ: Can I be involved in more than one play in Short+Sweet Illawarra?
Yes! All participants can be involved in up to two plays. The only restriction is writers may only write one play and directors may only direct one play also. So you can act in 2 plays, or act/direct, act/write or write/direct. If you take on two roles in the same play we will only count this as one play (other than the one-play-one-writer/director rule).
Do I need to register or can I just come to the audition day?
We have allowed some time at the end of each audition session to allow unregistered actors to audition. If you would like to know the session times please email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to our Facebook Auditions Event (click here)
However, it is highly recommended to pre-register using the form below.
- Saves you time filling out paperwork when you arrive for your audition
- Ensure your contact details are current for potential directors
- We will have printed your CV and Headshot and prepared these ready for Directors to peruse at the end of your audition session.
Any questions? Contact Festival Director Luke Berman by email: email@example.com