Short and Sweet Dance Festival 2016 - UAE
Short+Sweet Dance welcomes performers to showcase their technical, expressive and creative prowess in the 10-minute format. And now, it's coming to Dubai!
On April, 2016 participants will showcase the best of UAE's talent! Short+Sweet Dance rewards creativity with awarding:
- Best Overall Performance (Judges Choice)
- Best Overall Performance (People's Choice)
- Best Choreography
- Best Dancer (Male)
- Best Dancer Runner Up (Male)
- Best Dancer (Female)
- Best Dancer Runner Up (Female)
Competition | Entry Requirements
All entries must meet the following requirements:
- Performances must run for a minimum duration of 4 minutes and must not exceed 10 minutes
- No overt sexual references, no swearing, no inappropriate religious references, no nudity. Abide by the rules of the UAE.
- Every choreographer can choreograph a maximum of two routines
- Every performer can perform in a maximum of one group routine and one solo routine
- Be extraordinary! Short+Sweet highly encourages creativity and imagination in all entries
- 26 March 2016: Final Registration (Applications close)
- 19, 22 and 23 April 2016: Auditions
- 13 May 2016: Semi Finals
- 19 May 2016: Finals
- 19 April 2016 : DUCTAC, Mall of the Emirates
- 22 April 2016 : The Hive, Burdubai
- 23 April 2016 : thejamjar, Al Serkal Avenue
- 13 May 2016 : DUCTAC, Mall of the Emirates
- 19 May 2016 : DUCTAC, Mall of the Emirates
This festival hasn't posted any news articles yet.
REGISTRATIONS CLOSE: 26 March 2016
Register your interest as a performer for Short+Sweet Dance UAE 2016!
Auditions will be held on 19th, 22nd and 23rd April 2016.
You will have the opportunity to perform in up to two dance pieces and, if selected, participate in the Red Carpet Gala Finals!
HOW IT WORKS
Short+Sweet UAE stages dance starring local UAE based performers. Open to both the experienced and fresh blood, Short+Sweet gives hundreds of artists an opportunity to perform, and choreograph, while encouraging audiences to see brand new works on stage!
Those selected are performed and assessed by Judges and the audience to determine the best of the best to win a spot in the Red Carpet Gala Finals.
All dates are subject to change.
Participation is on a voluntary basis. Participants in the Festival will not be entitled to any payments for fees, salaries, travel, per diems or accommodation.
For further information regarding Short+Sweet Dance UAE, contact the Festival Director by email email@example.com or call +971 56 940 3230 / +971 55 103 0966 and join our facebook group: ssdanceuae
Thank you for applying to be a part of our festival!