Making the world a more creative place, ten minutes at a time.
Short+Sweet Film Festival returns for its fourth year showcasing Illawarra, Australian, and International FilmMakers.
SUBMISSIONS NOW OPEN FOR THE SHORT+SWEET ILLAWARRA FILM FESTIVAL 2023
In keeping with the Short+Sweet tradition, all films must be 10 minutes or less and can be shot and edited on any device.
SUBMIT YOUR FILMS HERE
The Illawarra, located on the South Coast of NSW Australia, boasts an impressive theatre community with over a dozen active theatre companies and a large talent pool of actors, writers and directors. Short+Sweet Illawarra is proud to extend its festival to filmmakers in the region, providing a platform for their work to be seen alongside our Australian and international submissions.
The Short+Sweet Film Festival is unique for three distinct reasons:
1) For just one entry you are in consideration for all our international film festivals, opening up your chances to have your screen filmed around the world
2) We have a very strong international network and this network is constantly expanding.
3) We are unique in that we have a very strong connection to theatre. We do not believe the gap between theatre and film should be so wide and we aim to bridge this gap. With our close partnership with our sister theatre festival, we encourage theatre and film practitioners to be one and the same.
4) We screen all sorts of films and all sorts of genres and support all sorts of filmmakers from seasoned pros to emerging artists.
If you have already submitted your film to one of our Short+Sweet Film Festivals in the last 6-12 months, please make contact with Festival Director Luke Berman before submitting your film at firstname.lastname@example.org
- No restrictions on the device(s) used to record or create video and audio.
- No restriction on Software used to create, edit or enhance video and audio.
- Film in any language are welcome, but must be subtitled in English.
- The festival is open to filmmakers of ALL ages and levels of experience.
Standard Submission Deadline: 31 MAY 2023
Late Deadline (Final): 30 JUNE 2023