Short+Sweet Voices Sydney
Short+Sweet Voices is an exciting new development in the Short+Sweet world, now welcoming vocal performers, choirs, composers and conductors to showcase their musical prowess in the 10-minute format. With its debut season taking place in March 2015, Short+Sweet Voices invites choirs, to create an imaginative and daring performance, showing audiences the skill and creativity of choral performance.
- Minimum of 4 people per choir.
- Performances must not exceed 10 minutes total time.
- Choral societies and other groups can enter as many choirs as they desire, however there will be a limit for each choir member to participate in a maximum of 2 performances per night.
- Be extraordinary!
Short+Sweet Voices will be rewarding creativity with awards recognising the best original music, vocal arrangements, ingenious interpretation, innovative staging to even choreography!
Registrations Close: 20th February
Season: Tuesday 3rd, Thursday 5th & Friday 6th March 7:30pm
Gala Final: Saturday 21st March 7:30pm
To be held at the Concourse, Chatswood for all performances.
REGISTER YOUR CHOIR TODAY
We still have limited places available for new choirs in the upcoming season. If you're interested in registering, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact LENORE at email@example.com
This festival hasn't posted any news articles yet.
This festival doesn't have any active submission
Tuesday 3rd March
In no particular order, the amazing choirs performing on Tuesday 3rd March, 7:30pm at the Concourse, Chatswood are:
Coastal A Capella
Treble Makers Quartet
Stairwell to Heaven
Thursday 5th March
In no particular order, the amazing choirs performing on Thursday 5th March, 7:30pm at the Concourse, Chatswood are:
Australian Gaelic Singers
One World Choral
Voices from the Waters
Friday 6th March
In no particular order, the amazing choirs performing on Friday 6th March, 7:30pm at the Concourse, Chatswood are:
Alchemy A Cappella
Andalus Arabic Choir
Zlatos Balkan Cabaret
- Best Choir- Coastal a Cappella
- Best Choir Runner Up - the Jubilettes
- People’s Choice Award – Soulfood A Cappella
- Most Original Performance – Joubert Singers
- Best Interpretation - Coastal a Cappella
- Most Innovative Staging – Soulfood A Cappella
- Best Original Vocal Arrangement -Joubert singers for All is One and One is All by Matthew Orlovich ( based on a poem by Judith Wright)