SHORT+SWEET FILM FESTIVAL QUEENSLAND
From Pages to Screen and Everything In Between!
Welcome to the Short+Sweet Film Festival Queensland
The Short+Sweet Film Festival is finally here in the Sunshine State! The Short+Sweet theatre and cabaret festival has been running its ninth year in Queensland and has presented over 5,500 new original works of ten minute plays and cabaret. It is only natural that we are now branching into the world of film and with so many stories to draw upon, the possibilities are endless. By entering your film into the Short+Sweet Film Festival Queensland, you are automatically considered for all our upcoming festivals and cities.
Heats and Gala Finals will be presented in both Brisbane and Gold Coast,. Prizes and awards will be presented in both locations! Winners of the 'Best Film' and 'People's Choice' will receive the opportunity to showcase their films at the International Gala Final that is to be held at the Egyptian Theatre on Hollywood Boulevard on August 24, 2018.
Entrance to this red carpet event is by invitation only and will be composed of other winners from Short+Sweet Film Festivals around the world!
- 3 Sep, 2017: S+SFF Online & Queensland open for submissions
- 28 Feb, 2018: S+SFFQLD International close for submissions
- 11 Mar, 2018: S+SFFQLD National close for submissions
- 25 Mar, 2018: Program anounced
- 7 Apr, 2018: Heat One Screening | Queensland Academies Creative Industries Campus
- 21 Apr, 2018: Heat Two Screening | Griffith Film School
- 28 Apr, 2018: Gala Final's Program announced
- 11 May - 13 May, 2018: Gala Finals | New Farm Cinemas
- Aug 2018: Hollywood Grand Finals
Like us on Facebook and be the first to hear about all our exciting news, updates and announcements!
This festival hasn't posted any news articles yet.
DUE: 31 JAN 2018
Once you have confirmed your full team, please let us know. We will require each person’s email address and mobile phone number in case we need to contact them. It is important that we have a record of each person on your team to make sure they receive festival updates, application process as well as a complimentary ticket the the Heats' Screening.... read more
DUE: No later than 2 days prior to your allocated Heat screening.
Each selected films are entitled to TWO complimentary tickets to their screening. This can be used by themselves or by a friend. Please do not attempt to book more than two complimentary tickets per film. For any concerns or queries, contact shortsweet.... read more
We will be holding an optional poster competition! You are encouraged to create an A4 poster design for your show. These will be displayed online, at the venues and potentially in the program.
Posters should be portrait, A4 in design, and must include the title of the play, writer credit (if applicable), venue logo, website, and Short+Sweet logo (... read more
We will be producing program booklets online for distribution before the festival opens. In order to make this work, we will need your program details quite early on.
This includes: play title, writer credit, director credit, company name (if applicable), artist list, and a short 2-sentence blurb (max 100 words). This is your chance to word your film before they appear in the program... read more
HOW THE FESTIVAL WORKS
If you have a great story and it fits within our 10-minute limit, then get filming and enter our Short+Sweet Film Festival!
- Films submitted are to be produced within 3 years of production.
- No restrictions on the device(s) used to record or create video and audio.
- No restriction on Software used to create, edit or enhance video and audio.
- Film in any language are welcome, but must be subtitled in English.
- The festival is open to filmmakers of ALL ages and levels of experience.
Short Films submitted by Illawarra residents and filmmakers are free of charge to enter.*
US $13 | Australian Submissions
US$20 | International submissions
* Illawarra local entries are only submitted direct to Illawarra and will not be submitted to our international festival. Illawarra filmmakers who which to submit their film to Illawarra and our international festival should submit via the Australian filmmakers submission page (US$13 fee).
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By entering your film to Short+Sweet Film Festival Illawarra, you are agreeing to the following:
1. The running time of my film is 10 minutes or less (inclusive of credits). Films longer than 10 minutes will not be considered, and entry fee will be forfeited.
2. I am the creator of the Film and I give permission for the film to be presented at any Short+Sweet festival or event for which it is eligible. If I am not the (sole) creator of the film, I warrant that I have obtained all necessary permissions of writers, originators or contributors.
3. Should my film be selected for a S+S Festival or event, I understand I will receive no royalties or other payment for any screenings, live or virtual, but may be eligible for awards and professional development opportunities.
4. I understand that my film will be assessed by a selection committee and that no communication will be entered into by S+S regarding this process. The selection decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. I give S+S the right to screen/record/photograph my film for archival, marketing and publicity purposes (including in unpaid public forums such as YouTube, Vimeo or similar).
6. A film which has been publicly screened in the host city of any S+S Festival is still eligible for entry and consideration in any of our S+S Festivals and Cities.
7. All plays which have been adapted into films must have the permission of the playwright.
8. I understand copyright material cannot be used unless I have documentation to prove legal authorisation from the musician, artist, writer or record label.
9. I may also be required to provide Actor Release Forms to be signed by the people appearing in the film.
10. I understand that films in any language are eligible, but must be subtitled in English.
11. The festival is open to filmmakers of all ages and levels of experience.
12. All content submitted must be in accordance with the law and any perceived illegal activity will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
13. I understand that if my film is selected as a finalist, I will be required to provide Short+Sweet with the highest quality of recording of the film so that it can be screened.
14. No restrictions on the device(s) used to record or create video and audio.
15. No restrictions on software used to create, edit or enhance video and audio.
16. The festival is open to filmmakers of all ages and levels of experience.
17. Entry to Short+Sweet Film Illawarra is free for local artists. The cost of entry to the international festival is US$20 for international submissions and US$13 for Australian submissions outside the Illawarra/South Coast.
The personal information provided by you will only be used by us for Short+Sweet Festivals, competitions and related activities, and to communicate with you about those activities. You can opt out of these at any time by responding to any emails received with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line or the body of an email.